Sunday, December 2, 2012

From the Stacks: Marianne Curley

Okay, I know...by last review isn't up yet and I'm sorry, but I did just find some book news that makes me very very happy. When I was in high school there was an Australian author I thoroughly loved named Marianne Curley. My first experience with her was finding Old Magic in the library. I read it, loved it, and ended up checking it out so many times that the librarian (aka my mom) told me that she would not let me check it out again.

Needless to say, that was not an option I approved of, so I went out and bought my own copy. Then when her Guardians of Time trilogy (The Named, The Dark, and The Key) came out, I devoured them as well. After that I kept waiting and looking and waiting some more for new books to be released and nothing came.

Yesterday, I randomly decided to get on and look for her books, because my library no longer has the Guardians of Time trilogy and I really want to re-read them. I fully planned on buying them. Then I saw a new book by Marianne Curley, to be released next summer. If it wasn't for the fact that I was at work, I probably would have started jumping up and down and giving a loud fan-girl squeal.

According to her new author bio for the book, she has spent the last several years fighting a rare form of bone marrow cancer, where she had a very slim chance of surviving, but by miracle her sister happened to be a perfect match, and by another miracle she survived the marrow transplant, and has been recovering from this major health scare.

Like a number of authors who love their job, she couldn't stay away from writing, so now she has a new book coming out and I will definitely be buying a copy as soon as it comes out. Typically I tend to wait for paperback copies, but I am so glad to have new Marianne Curley books that it will be completely worth the extra cost to get hardcover.

Here are some helpful links if you want to get swept away into these amazing stories as well:

Marianne Curley's web site: http://www.mariannecurley.com/

Marianne Curley's books on Barnes & Noble: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/s/Marianne-Curley?store=allproducts&keyword=Marianne+Curley

Marianne Curley's books on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Marianne-Curley/e/B004NA72T0/ref=sr_tc_2_0?qid=1354465004&sr=1-2-ent

Her new book, Hidden, will be the first in the Avena series, and is expected June 25, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment