Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Multi-tasking and Author Friendships

The fun part about being finished with NaNoWriMo is that I don't have to feel bad about working on several different projects at the same time. Of course, the difficult part is that I am not as focused as I would be during a NaNoWriMo or Camp NaNoWriMo month.

Take right now, for example. I am working on the edits for Project Death: Resurrection so I can follow through with self-publication, but when I can't work on that, I end up pulling out The Life and Death of a Seer, or I'll put out my other little side project, House of Librarians. The idea came to me a couple months ago and as a librarian myself, I love librarians as characters, but this book follows a group of librarians who moonlight as superheroes, though right now the focus seems to be on the connections and relationships between the librarians.

I'm also trying to take a little bit of time to read and then catch up on some of my television shows. Today I was lucky enough to get distracted with re-reading a not-yet-published story by a good friend of mine. Yesterday we had a conversation and it ended with me being sent copies of the story, as well as the partially written sequel of the story, something that makes me feel pretty darn awesome. I'm hoping sometime in the future to have either an author interview or a guest post with her.

I met Donaya Haymond through fictionpress.com and I loved her writing even back then and we started talking with each other quite a bit and formed a friendship I truly treasure. When she started publishing with Eternal Press, I made sure to write articles about it for my college newspaper, and I told everyone I could about those books. I ended up earning a spot in the acknowledgments for a book (which I proudly showed off to each of my friends because I thought it was one of the coolest things ever.)

Her fifth book came out last month, but I'm still waiting for it to show up in the NOOK store so I can read it again. I read it back when it was on fictionpress.

I highly recommend her books, and right now I'm going to jump back into the stories I was sent yesterday, but here are the links to her books:

Donaya Haymond on Eternal Press: http://www.eternalpress.biz/people.php?author=256

Donaya Haymond on Barnes & Noble: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/s/Donaya-Haymond?store=allproducts&keyword=Donaya+Haymond For some reason the e-book version of her third book is under a misspelling of her last name so: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/s/Donaya-Hammond?store=allproducts&keyword=Donaya+Hammond

Donaya Haymond on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_nr_scat_283155_ln?rh=n%3A283155%2Ck%3ADonaya+Haymond&keywords=Donaya+Haymond&ie=UTF8&qid=1354662806&scn=283155&h=622635e5fbd44c69123d91fb7816b292ed9c2d4e

No comments:

Post a Comment