Sunday, December 30, 2012

From the Stacks: Shadow Bound

Okay, so here we are at the second in the Unbound series. It is the sequel to Blood Bound, which I reviewed December 24th, and the final book will be out April 23, 2013 and I am so incredibly excited for it.



Summary:

"Kori Daniels is a shadow-walker, able to travel instantly from one shadow to another. After weeks of confinement for betraying her boss, she's ready to break free of the Tower syndicate for good. But Jake Tower has one final job for Kori, one chance to secure freedom for herself and her sister, Kenley, even if it means taking it from someone else...

The job? Recruit Ian Holt - or kill him.

Ian's ability to manipulate the dark has drawn interest from everyone syndicate in the world, most notably an invitation from Jake Tower. Though he has no interest in organized crime, Ian accepts the invite, because he's on a mission of his own. Ian has come to kill Tower's top Binder: Kori's little sister.

Amid the tangle of lies, an unexpected thread of truth connecting Ian and Kori comes to light. But with opposing goals, they'll have to choose between love and liberty..."

My Thoughts:

Wow...Kori is quite the interesting character. I loved getting to see more of her, since she played only a small part in the first book. But she is a strong woman who is also quite vulnerable. She cares deeply for her family and it's clear she would let anything happen to her if it meant that she could save and protect her sister. 

Then we are introduced to Ian, and holy moly, I loved him from the first time he stepped on the page. He also has a powerful ability, one that makes him an extremely valuable prize for either of the syndicates, which of course means that we do get to have some interaction with Liv and Cam from the first book.

With all the secrets that are revealed in Oath Bound and all the twists and turns...and the ending...oh boy, I am extremely anxious to see what happens in the final book. Right now I can't even predict how Rachel Vincent is going to wrap all of these story lines up with one more book, but in just a few more months I'll devour the book in a matter of hours and I'm certain I will be as blown away as I have with the rest of the series. I own these as NOOK books, but I'm seriously thinking that I need to get paperbacks as well, because the Unbound series is one that I plan on sharing with all of my friends.

Shadow Bound definitely receives a 5/5 from me and I can't wait to see what fun is in store for Kori's brother Kristopher and new character Sera Brandt, who according to the book summary is the secret daughter of the head of one of the crime families. April can't come soon enough.

Shadow Bound at Barnes & Noble: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/shadow-bound-rachel-vincent/1107467550?ean=9780778313434

Shadow Bound at Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Shadow-Bound-Unbound-Rachel-Vincent/dp/0778313433/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1356930314&sr=8-1&keywords=Shadow+Bound

Other Readings:

Okay, so I finally finished reading Leviathan Wakes, which made it my 85th book read this year. Now, to be fair, a few of the books I read were omnibus editions that had two or three books in them, but on Goodreads an omnibus only counts as one book. Probably my final total is more like 90-93, but still, I think it is a pretty good achievement.

I've actually already started on my books for 2013. I've gotten a little further with Throne of Glass and I'm anxious to dig into some of my other recent grabs both in the store and at the library. So, stay tuned, there are plenty more From the Stacks posts to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment