Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Background Noise and Inspirations

I admit it...I've been a little lax in my writing and I need to focus more on that. But things are just so stressful at home. To make my life more insane and stressful, I work full-time at a job I very much dislike because I have to be able to make some sort of payment on my student loans, I help my mom with her college homework, and then I do my reading for both fun and for my From the Stacks posts, and at some point I'm supposed to find time to write, but I'm also filling out as many job applications as I can because I need to get into a schedule and environment that will be better for my sanity.

Anyway, I digress. This is supposed to be about my writing progress, and I'm finding myself being rather inspired to work on several of my novels...most of them being ones I have on my schedule for 2013. Nevertheless they are not the project I am supposed to be editing right now. Yes, granted, my CreateSpace code won't expire until June, but I'd really like to get Project Death: Resurrection out really soon. By my calculations right now, I could theoretically finish the chapter edits by December 31st. The best thing to do after that is to set it aside for about a week and then go over everything again just to be sure I don't have any majorly large problems in the overall story.

I guess this means that if all goes well I should have Project Death: Resurrection out by the end of January. So... *fingers crossed*

When I'm writing I like to have background noise so I don't lose my mind. Most of the time it is music, and I definitely enjoy bands like: Nightwish, Epica, Kamelot, Leaves' Eyes, Paramore, Evanescence, and Within Temptation. I throw other stuff in there as well, but these guys tend to make every novel playlist I create.

Lately I've been putting in DVDs I've seen a hundred times so I don't have to focus on what is on the screen...and better I've been having a Gilmore Girls marathon. I love the show and the witty banter and the amazing characters. Right now I am watching the last episode of season three (again) and then I can move on to Rory's first year of college in season four.

With how much I love these characters and the story lines, it makes me think of my own stories. I hope that my characters are at least half as beloved as Lorelai and Rory Gilmore.

Okay, and now I'm going to get back to writing. Oh, but I should probably also mention that I am planning to have a From the Stacks post up every day starting tomorrow until the first of the year. Enjoy. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment