Monday, December 24, 2012

From the Stacks: Blood Bound

Okay, so I have to start this post by saying that I read this book in November 2011, but I am seriously going to pick it up and read it again in anticipation of the third and final book being released April 23, 2013.



Summary:

"By blood, by word, by magic...

Most can't touch the power. But Liv Warren is special - a paranormal tracker who follows the scent of blood.

Liv makes her own rules, and the most important one is trust no one.

But when her friend's daughter goes missing, Liv has no choice but to find the girl. Thanks to a childhood oath, Liv can't rest until the child is home safe. But that means trusting Cam Caballero, the former lover forbidden to her.

Bound by oath and lost in desire for a man she cannot have, Live is racing to save the child from a dark criminal underworld where secrets, lies, trauma and danger lurk around every corner...every touch...every kiss.

And more blood will be spilled before it's over..."

My Thoughts:

The world in this book is amazing and it drew me in. I loved the complexity of the characters. Probably one of the things I enjoyed most was that the romance in this book was not that of two people who had just met, but two people who had been in a relationship before and had separated. During the course of the book Liv and Cam run into each other more and more and it brings up all those old feelings.

The Unbound series is an interesting place to visit and I'm certain that I do not wish to live there. Oaths are so restrictive and binding and leaving your blood lying around can be extremely dangerous. Even letting someone know your full and complete name puts you at their mercy. Seriously, it is that awesome and crazy and I cannot explain all of the awesomeness in detail.

I was drawn in to Blood Bound, devoured it, and then had to wait impatiently to read book two, Shadow Bound, and after finishing off the second book, I am now anxiously awaiting the third and final book's release. I loved Liv and Cam, and learning about the complexities of the world and the syndicates who control the area and most of the characters in the book. I also loved the well...almost happy ending of this book, though it is clear that the issues are only going to become more tense as the trilogy progresses.

I highly recommend this book. It is definitely a 5/5.

Other Readings:

Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays/etc. everyone. I really enjoy doing these From the Stacks posts and sharing some of the books I've read and enjoyed over the year. We still have another week left of December and I have a post ready for each day, plus one to start the new year, so eight more From the Stacks posts before I return to my regular one review a week. Right now I'm trying to figure out my books and such so I can let you know the first couple books for 2013. I am finishing the final couple chapters for Leviathan Wakes and Alchemystic so I can write up those posts, so I'm off to go read some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment