Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Writing Plans for 2013


Okay, everyone, this post is going to have a lot of pictures (nine, if anyone actually cares to know). I've made some changes in my plans for 2013, but I'd really like to get some of my books written. So, here is my tentative schedule for the year.

Let's start with January and February 2013, where I will be jumping into the second book in the Project Death series. Project Death: Revelation is a fun story because it is both prequel and sequel. Not only do I get to do more with the Tamesis and Thanos story line, as well as getting more into the Leaders and the Resurrectors, but I also get to explore how Thanos came to be Death, which is pretty fun.


Then comes March 2013. You guys have heard me mention this story before, though I am pleased to say that it actually has a title now. Previously I referred to it as Amaranth 1, but I have come up with both the title for the trilogy and the titles for each individual story. The first book, which will be undergoing a massive re-write since I first worked on it in November 2006, will be called Amaranth Enchanted, and it will be the first book of The Morrigan's Legacy.
 

 In April and May 2013 my focus will shift back to the Project Death series. The reason why the Project Death novels are getting two months is because I really want them to have a more complete rough draft by the time I am finished, whereas the other books will simply be as much as I can write in that time. So April and May will be for Project Death: Redemption. It introduces the character of Julianne, who was told of both Death and the Resurrectors and fully expected someone to be with her when she died. No one was there and she was left unclaimed, drifting alone.


 For June 2013, I'm hoping to be able to jump into the second book of The Morrigan's Legacy. I'm actually really looking forward to this because I have missed writing the adventures of Lexa and her friends, and more importantly the mythological land of Amaranth. So, I will be focusing on A Kingdom Cursed, which takes place a year after the first book.


Then in July and August 2013 I will once again be back to the Project Death series, working on the final book, which follows two new characters, Pax and Treasa, who are the daughters of Tamesis and Thanos. The war between the Resurrectors and those who protect Balance will finally end and even now it is unclear to me who will survive, so I'm predicting that Project Death: Restoration will have quite a few surprises for me.


In September I will be wrapping up the Souls trilogy, by focusing on Souls Crossing. I have decided that 2013 is mostly for me to try and finish up some of my oldest books and series. The story lines have buried themselves in the back of my mind and I'd like to finally get them written down so I will be more able to write my new story ideas.


Speaking of finishing books and series, in October 2013 my goal is to finish The Morrigan's Legacy. It should be an interesting story and it will be nice to have so many books finished by this point. I really enjoy reading about mythology and reading books with mythological elements so I enjoyed writing the first rough draft of the first book for NaNoWriMo. Anyway, the final book in this trilogy will be A Land Blessed.


Though I have mentioned working on old books for 2013, November and December are not exactly as old as the rest. For NaNoWriMo 2013 in November, I plan on working on The Graveyard Shift, which I wanted to work on for NaNo in 2010 but got wrapped up in another idea instead. Also, the cover may end up changing because I'm thinking of going to a cemetery to get a sunset or twilight shot to better fit the feel and premise of the story, but for now, here's what I have:


Finally, in December 2013, I will be working on Dare to Touch, which is an idea I've wanted to work on for a couple years now but haven't really had the chance. I'd really like to feel like I've accomplished something in 2013, so I guess you could say that writing for each of this stories is my New Year's Resolution, even though I'm making it now.


Again, I feel like saying I lied...At the beginning of the post I said I was putting up nine pictures, but there's one more I have to add. There is another story I work on a little at a time, when I am blocked on another story, and I plan to continue on it through 2013 and see just how far I get with it. So my "on the side" story is The Life and Death of a Seer.


Well, I guess that's for all. Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment