Friday, November 23, 2012

From the Stacks: The Lost Prince

Sorry for the delay guys. I was busy and without internet, and then I was trying to catch up on sleep. Anyway, this week take a walk into the land ruled by the fey with The Lost Prince by Julie Kagawa.



The Lost Prince by Julie Kagawa
ISBN: 978-0-373-21057-2

Summary:

"Don't look at Them
Never let Them know
you can see Them

That is Ethan Chase's unbreakable rule. Until the fey he avoids at all costs - including his reputation - begin to disappear, and Ethan is attacked. Now he must change the rules to protect his family. To save a girl he never thought he'd dare to fall for.

Ethan thought he had protected himself from his older sister's world - the land of Faery. His previous time in the Iron Realm left him with nothing but fear and disgust for the world Meghan Chase has made her home, a land of myth and talking cats, of magic and seductive enemies. But when destiny comes for Ethan, there is no escape from a danger long, long forgotten.

My name is Ethan Chase.
And I may not live to see my
eighteenth birthday."

My Thoughts:

I have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed every one of Julie Kagawa's books, though I have yet to read The Immortal Rules. I didn't find the Iron Fey series until the third book was about to be released and I devoured them extremely quickly. So, finding out that she was starting a spin-off series featuring Meghan's little brother Ethan was awesome. 

It took me just a little bit to adjust to having Ethan as a grown young man. In the books centering around Meghan, Ethan was just a child. I will also completely admit to crushing on him just a little bit, though in the beginning I did not like how he acted like a jerk to keep people at a distance. But then enter Kenzie, who is persistent and doesn't just let Ethan push her away.

Kenzie adjusted to being brought to the Nevernever fairly quickly, which I kind of liked, but discovering the secret Kenzie was hiding knocked me for a loop. I'm pretty sure I will end up crying at a later time, unless Julie Kagawa has some secret plan in mind.

This spin-off series had special guest appearances by some of my favorite characters in the original series: Meghan, Ash, Puck, and Grim, so I was pretty darn happy. Then of course there was the new trifecta of main characters: Ethan, Kenzie, and Keirran.

It is amazing and I can't wait until the next one, The Traitor Son, which is expected in late 2013 (Goodreads says September). All in all, 5/5.

The Lost Prince at Barnes & Noble: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-lost-prince-julie-kagawa/1110313568?ean=9780373210572&itm=1&usri=the+lost+prince

The Lost Prince at Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Lost-Prince-Iron-Fey/dp/0373210574/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1354072989&sr=1-1&keywords=the+lost+prince

Other Readings:

I'm in the middle of A Soul for Trouble by Christa McHugh, as well as Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl. I am also reading Alchemystic by Anton Strout and Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas. So far I have finished 71 books this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment