Tuesday, November 20, 2012

How Time Flies

It seems like just yesterday that I was waiting for November to arrive so I could start work on my novel. Now, here it is, the 20th of November, and I am dangerously close to reaching that 50,000 word mark. This has also been a week where I start planning my ideas and stories for the next couple of months. I have to do my final edits for Project Death: Resurrection and then come January I'll be able to jump into the sequel, Project Death: Revelation.

I'm both looking forward to and dreading 2013. I have a lot of writing plans and goals and so I'm eager to spend the time working on and editing those projects. At the same time, next year I turn 25. I'm as-of-yet still unpublished, still looking for a job in a library so I can utilize my Master's in Library and Information Science, and though I'm not looking, my romantic life is pathetic as well. Sometimes it makes me feel like a bit of a failure, especially seeing all of my friends and classmates married and having children.

I want 2013 to be a good year.

That means that I really need to focus on my writing and getting as much finished as I can. I will continue with my Tuesday writing update posts and my Friday From the Stacks review posts, but my non-online self needs to set specific goals for writing time and reading time. Maybe by creating a schedule will help me not waste so much time.

Anyway, NaNoWriMo is going quite well. On Saturday I went up to my old region for a write-in and that was pretty fun. I think I managed something like 2,100 words there, which was nice, and then I came home and continued writing for a few more hours.

I plan on doing about 3,500 words today and then hopefully the other 3,500 I need tomorrow. I want to cross the 50,000 word mark before Thanksgiving so I don't have to worry about my writing when I'm spending time with my family and then going in to work. After work on Thursday I am going to drive down to one of my best friend's house because we are going to a concert on Friday. Basically it means that I won't be able to do much writing Friday or Saturday even.

I will say that I will have a From the Stacks post up on Friday...I just don't think that it will be Alchemystic like I said last week. I think I'm going to move Julie Kagawa's The Lost Prince up to Friday since I read it a couple weeks ago, and then I'll move Alchemystic to Dec 7th, which was when I was originally going to review The Lost Prince.

NaNoWriMo Word Count: 42,862
At This Rate You Will Finish: November 23, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment