Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Most Anticipated Books of 2015 - January and February Edition

It's no secret that I love books. There are so many authors and series that leave me desperately waiting for the next book as soon as I finish the newly released one. Thankfully I read so much that I have other books to distract me. Granted, those distraction books often lead to even more anticipation for future books. It's a vicious cycle.

Anyway, here are some of the books that I am eagerly waiting for in the beginning of 2015.

Frostfire (Kanin Chronicles #1) by Amanda Hocking

I have read almost everything by Amanda Hocking, and I loved the Trylle series, so learning there was going to be a sort-of-spinoff coming out was super exciting. I'm glad that we get to learn more about the Kanin and I hope that this trilogy will be just as entertaining.

January 6, 2015

Unbound (Magic Ex Libris #3) by Jim C. Hines

This is a series about a librarian who can pull objects out of books, aka a libriomancer. Do I really need to say anything else about my excitement level for this release? Seriously, I may just be obsessed with Jim Hines's books. He is definitely on my list of authors I would love to meet. I very much enjoy his blog, and he writes amazingly strong yet real female characters.

January 6, 2015

Witches of Echo Park (Witches of Echo Park #1) by Amber Benson

It's the start of a new series by Amber Benson (AKA Tara from "Buffy the Vampire Slayer") and the series is about witches! Really, I don't think anything else needs to be said. Well, okay, I'll say more. The cover looks awesome and the book synopsis sounds pretty amazing.

January 6, 2015

Mr. Kiss and Tell (Veronica Mars #2) by Rob Thomas and Jennifer Graham

I was late to the "Veronica Mars" obsession but I think I'm making up for that now. I've already watched the entire series about three times. So freaking good. I proudly declare that I'm a Marshmallow. Anyway, the book series takes place after the lovely fan-funded movie that was released this year, and has the same characters, plot twists, and snarky and witty commentary you expect from Veronica Mars. I look forward to many more mysteries in Neptune, California with one of my favorite PIs.

January 20, 2015

The Ruby Circle (Bloodlines #6) by Richelle Mead

The final book of the Bloodlines series. I wouldn't miss this for anything. I have to know how things end for Sydney and Adrian, or at least how things end for now. Honestly, I still hope for little short stories in the future, or maybe another VA/Bloodlines spinoff in a couple years. We'll see. Richelle Mead's novels are addictive.

February 10, 2015

Deadly Spells (Prospero's War #3) by Jaye Wells

As I mentioned in my Top Reads post, I loved the first book of this series and I definitely plan to read the second book before this one is released. The real gritty feel of the world and the depth of the characters and their struggles is so intriguing. Besides, the title alone leaves me wondering if somebody might die before the book ends.

February 10, 2015

Shadow Study (Soulfinders #1, Study #4, Chronicles of Ixia #7) by Maria V. Snyder

Finally, it's another book about Yelaena and Valek!!! Ahhh....I'm so excited. I loved the Study series. it isn't necessarily a pleasant world and it definitely has its dark moments but the characters and their relationships definitely make it all worth it. Plus, I hear that this trilogy will also feature Valek's POV...AND we get to learn more about his past, which is about time. I will probably do a re-read of the whole Chronicles of Ixia series (consisting of the Study series and the Glass series) before this is released), just so I'm completely refreshed for this new adventure.

February 24, 2015

--

Well, I guess that wraps up my posts for 2014. I appreciate everyone who has read these posts, shared them, commented on them, etc. You are all awesome. Hopefully 2015 will bring more book reviews and writing posts. I'm really going to try to be more consistent next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment