Thursday, January 1, 2015

It's Resolution Time!

Wow...look at that. It's the first day of 2015 and I already have a post for the blog. I feel proud of that all important statement. The beginning of the year is known to be a time where people make resolutions they intend to keep (and typically end up giving up on within the first month). I'm hoping that won't happen with me this year, but I make no promises.

Anyway, while I could try and promise to make healthier food choices or to exercise more, I think I'll still with resolutions that may be a bit more attainable for me. My goals this year are focused on writing and on reading, and I'm really hoping to stick to them.

Okay...so here we go.

Writing goals

Write every day.

Two blog posts a week--a writing update (hopefully on Tuesdays) and a book review (on Fridays)

Get Project Death: Revelation published ASAP in January 2015.

Write Project Death: Redemption in February and March

My Camp NaNoWriMo project for this year is Souls Unknowing.

Finally, if all goes well, my NaNoWriMo 2015 project in November is to start on the final Project Death book, Project Death: Restoration

Reading goals

I read 83 books in 2012, 130 books in 2013, and 92 books in 2014. Considering that, I think a realistic goal would be to shoot for 75 books, mostly because I want to have more of a focus on my writing this year.

Also, I want to try and include more poetry in my reading habits in 2015. Since graduating college I have read a lot less poetry, and some of it is so beautiful and powerful that it sticks with you and can certainly help to inspire the writing muse, much in the same way that music does.

Editing/Publishing goals

I'd like to have Project Death: Redemption edited in between Camp NaNoWriMo sessions so it can be released in the summer.

Then in the fall I can turn my attention to editing Souls Unknowing, which I will hopefully be able to publish at the end of the year.

--

Well...there we go...my goals/resolutions for 2015. Let's see if I can actually stay on track and accomplish these tasks.

No comments:

Post a Comment