Saturday, June 9, 2012

Camp NaNoWriMo June Session - Ups and Downs of Writing

Today (well technically yesterday, though in my mind the day doesn't change until I go to bed for the night) I made some more progress with Resurrection. I don't know how much exactly because it is all on my printed out copy. Maybe tomorrow (er, today), I'll sit down and type it all up. Right now I'm guessing that it was around 2,000 words, which still leaves me I'm thinking about 6,000 words behind for Camp.

Anyway, while I did make a little progress in writing, I learned of more issues going on in my non-writing life. I was already uneasy about the fact that I have to start paying back my student loans next month, but now add to that even more pressure to try and help my family out, and everything is just becoming ridiculous. My dad was in an accident last year and can't work, and my mom doesn't make enough money to pay all the bills, but she makes enough so we don't qualify for food stamps.

Then--and I think I've mentioned it in a previous post--my grandma is in the hospital. Now if/when she is released, it is almost certain that my dad will be moving her up here to live with us.

The one good thing that has come from this whole situation is that my parents have finally gotten fed up with having my brother (the mooch) and his even bigger mooch girlfriend around. My brother is three months behind on his rent, so it is about time that they stop letting him get away with his crap. They told him that he either needs to pay all the rent he owes or get out...so he and his girlfriend are moving in with her dad instead.

So, with all the stress in my non-writing life, it is dampening my inspiration to write. I'm hoping to get some more writing done soon, but I can't force myself into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment