Sunday, June 17, 2012

Camp NaNoWriMo June Session - progress in everything but writing

I keep thinking about Resurrection and things I want to add to it and such but when I sit down I find that I can't really focus on writing, and that is very disappointing. However, there should be some changes rather soon to my writing space. I asked my parents if I could turn my brother's room into a study and they agreed. Once I clean the room and then move my stuff over there it will be a proper office-like area. I won't have my TV in there and the only books that will be around me will be my reference books.

I have already picked out a couple posters to put on the walls as my brother had his room in an outdoor hunting theme and the walls were painted brown. So I have a Marvel Avengers poster and a poster of Sheldon from The Big Bang Theory so far. I'm thinking I might move my beach hammock poster over there too, but I have to see what I'm working with first.

Of course, moving my desk to my new study also gives me the space to add a couple more bookshelves in my room, which is good because my books are starting to overflow from their current shelves and overtake my room. But, once I get everything organized again, I will have to go through everything and make sure I have every book documented in my personal library catalog (which is really just an Excel spreadsheet.

I get off work early today so hopefully I can get some writing done this evening and then I am off for the next two days, which will hopefully help me do some catch up as well since I am about twelve days behind on my word count. However, at the rate of speed I can write when I can actually focus, it would only take me about five good hours of writing to catch up. So, here's to hoping that actually happens.

Well, I guess I'm off to work now.

Current word count: 7,636
Behind: 20,697
Goal: Anything is progress at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment