Tuesday, October 30, 2012

NaNoWriMo is Coming! NaNoWriMo is Coming!

Well, here we are, just one more day left before I can officially start writing for NaNoWriMo. I really can't wait for this. My region is having a late-night kick-off party so we can get a boost on our word counts, and we are in a couple different Word Wars with a nearby region, one war for the highest count by the end of day one and the other for the highest overall count for the month of November. I know I thrive on competition and I'm hoping it helps to motivate others as well.

I scheduled a pre-NaNo meet-up for my region a week ago and met a few new faces, which turned out to be completely and utterly amazing because now we have some new locations for write-ins, one of them being an antique shop. I'm really looking forward to that one. Anyway, that led one of my region to create her own unofficial kick-off party since she lives about 40 minutes away from the rest of us. That party was yesterday and I was lucky enough to be off work.

It was great to be able to meet a couple other Wrimos from the region, both of whom are still teenagers in high school, but they have these amazingly interesting and creative sounding novel ideas. Plus, I can honestly say that though we spent most of the time talking, I did manage to get a little more of my #nanoprep done. Here's what's really funny: I have been saying for a couple weeks now that I needed to go back through Souls Unknowing so I could find specific character descriptions. Well, I finally did that yesterday at the meet-up. Of course I only looked at the information for the characters who will show up in Souls Abandoned, but that's all I really needed.

Oh, and speaking of the Souls Trilogy, for those who would like to follow along in a (hopefully) daily updates through the writing process, check out the blog I created especially for the occasion: http://soulstrilogy.blogspot.com/

I will be posting about my writing process, how this book is different from when I wrote the first one, and occasionally I will offer up some snippets of what I'm writing. Sometimes I may even show some small chunks of Souls Unknowing, but I warn you, they came from the mind of a 16-17 year old who knew very little actually when it comes to writing structure and such. When I look back at what I wrote in the beginning it feels more like a script because so much of it is dialogue.

Anyway, I just have to make it through the remainder of today and all of tomorrow before I can really start typing away on this novel. By the way it is currently as cold as I would expect in late November and some friends of mine have reported snow on the ground. I do not approve of this, but I will still enjoy Halloween tomorrow anyway. Nothing shall stop me from going to work in a costume. So, I shall see you all on here again on Friday for the next From the Stacks post. This week I will be reviewing Master of Crows by Grace Draven. And my Daily NaNoWriMo posts will be over on the Souls Trilogy blog starting on Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment