Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Camp NaNoWriMo August Session - Week Two

And here we go with update #2 for Camp NaNoWriMo. It has been an interesting and fairly busy week. My boss scheduled me for a 40 hour work week, with most of it being a the "maintenance person," aka I do most of the cleaning and stocking. This meant that most days I was just really tired, but I knew that I needed to force myself to keep writing so I wouldn't fall behind on my word count. I have managed to continue with Holy Water.

A number of people who participate in NaNoWriMo and Camp NaNoWriMo will say that week two is when the inspiration goes from a stream to just a trickle. It is when the storm clouds roll in and your story goes from a novelty to something that more resembles work. Well, in most cases that is the truth, and I did find that this past week I really had to tell myself just to sit down and write.

It was a little easier to focus on other ideas I had, which was why I was able to write up those synopses for the stories I plan to work on for the next year. Another way I found to keep myself on schedule was being in a word war with a friend of mine who is also participating in Camp NaNoWriMo. If either of us is struggling then we talk out our issues and it really does help. Of course a lot of our talk also includes other writing projects we would like to work on in the near future, which leads me back to thinking about the Project Death series.

Thinking to my whole plans with the Project Death series, if I can keep up with it then I have created a tentative publication schedule, using the awesome CreateSpace coupons the winners get from NaNoWriMo in November. If I can finish editing Resurrection before the start of NaNoWriMo this year, then it should be ready for publication by the end of 2012.

My plan is to write Revelation in January and February 2013, Redemption in March and April 2013, and then Restoration in May and June 2013. Those will be the rough drafts and will need edited. If I can edit Revelation fairly quickly then I could have it published probably in spring or summer 2014 with my CreateSpace coupon from NaNoWriMo 2013. After that I can try for Redemption at the end of 2014 with my coupon from NaNoWriMo 2014, and then finish everything up with Restoration in spring or summer 2015.

So that is my tentative schedule and I'm really hoping that I can keep to that. Depending on the success of the Project Death series, I may continue to self-publish other novels after that fact, but I'll just have to see what happens.

Current word count: 25,819 words
Goal: ~2,000 words per day

Right now the stats page on my Camp NaNoWriMo profile says that if I continue with my pace that I will finish on August 27th.

No comments:

Post a Comment