Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Camp NaNoWriMo August Session - Week Three

Okay, so I admit it; I get distracted quite easily, both with books, TV shows, movies, and of course, some of my other novels. I am proud to say that I've continued to work on Holy Water but I do wish that I had more time so I could work on other projects. I dream of the day when I might be able to support myself off of my writing so I can spend all the time I wish every day working on novels and polishing them, instead of trying to squeeze writing time in before or after work and whenever I am able to on my days off.

Today I was trying to organize my writing desk area a little and I pulled out a book series I started back in 2007. Projected as a seven book series, I wrote all of the first book and then threw well over half of it away, and I wrote the first few chapters of the second book. It would be really great to get back to the series and finish it.

So, I figure while I'm taking a little break from Holy Water to write up this post, I might as well write up a brief summary of the series. I don't like the series title I created so I'm trying to figure out a new one, but I do know the titles for all seven books, and I do have little one sentence summaries of each book. More fleshing out is needed for most of the novels but I know that this world is one that interests me. I just need to figure out when I have the time to work on these.

1) Bounty: A Hunter's Tale - A bounty hunter is forced to kill the man she loves and two years later it all comes back to haunt her.
2) Landlocked: A Merman's Voyage - A merman trying to run from his heritage and what he is finds more than he expects in a small college town.
3) Eternity: An Immortal's Curse - Discovering that she isn't quite like other people, one young woman attempts to change her fate.
4) Revenge: A Witch's Struggle - One witch tries to stick to his upbringing of not harming another being, which becomes more difficult when his loved ones are threatened.
5) Vision: A Psychic's Journey - After closing herself off from her abilities, a young woman finds that she is in danger from her lover's family.
6) Luck: A Leprechaun's Search - A leprechaun tries to turn away from the greed of his people and find luck all on his own.
7) Truth: An Interrogator's Quest - After many years in training to become a highly skilled interrogator, the friend of a bounty hunter encounters someone she cannot crack.

I know the main characters of each story, as well as the supporting characters who help to tie one book to the next. Perhaps I will set this series aside and use it whenever I need a break from the novels I have on my to-do list from now until the end of 2013. That way I can always be certain that I am being productive with one novel or more and perhaps I can even accomplish more than I originally planned.

Current word count: 37,259 words
Goal: ~2,000 words per day

Right now things still seem to be on track for a slightly early completion of my Camp NaNoWriMo project, with my stats page saying that I will finish on August 28th.

2 comments:

  1. Ok... if I could make a noise like a certain bubbly friend I know I so totally would right now. I remember this series from talks of ours before and I was so thoroughly fascinated by them then and I am so excited to possibly be able to see these finished. Awesomeness is so totally yours right now. <3 AMElf (ps. contact me soon if it is possible to do so)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you are excited about the series.

    ReplyDelete