Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Camp NaNoWriMo August Session - Week One

It has been a pretty good week so far. August 1st marked not only the start of Camp NaNoWriMo but also my birthday. This has been a rather up and down year so far and I have spent a great deal of time talking with a good friend of mine about our novel writing. We encourage each other and, of course, challenge each other to word wars, which is usually highly productive.

During one Skype conversation with her I ended up planning out my writing schedule for the remainder of 2012 and the beginning of 2013. If I can keep up with my schedule then I will be able to make a lot of progress with my novels and get just a step closer to publication. Anyway, for the month of August I am working on my Camp NaNoWriMo novel: Do Not Drink the Holy Water. For September and October I will be finishing up my edits for Project Death: Resurrection and then if I have some spare time in October I will work on planning my NaNovel for November: Battle of Dreams. In December I plan on finishing the first draft of Bound and if all goes well I will start 2013 by working on Project Death: Revelation in January.

My hopes for editing Resurrection is that it will be finished in time to use the CreateSpace coupon I receive from completing NaNoWriMo to publish before the end of 2012. It was one of the goals I set for myself at the beginning of the year, to have a book published in 2012 and I plan to stick to it.

Of course, I need to figure out my plan for 2013. In a world where I could focus on just one series until it reached completion, I would be able to write Project Death: Revelation in January and February, Project Death: Redemption in March and April, and Project Death: Restoration in May and June (aka Camp NaNoWriMo). Then I would probably take July off so I could plan for my August Camp NaNoWriMo novel. Still, I think I can probably wait until 2012 is almost over before I need to worry about 2013.

But things are going rather well with Holy Water. I am about a day and a half ahead of par for Camp NaNoWriMo. By the end of Day 7, writers should be at 11,290 words. I am enjoying the story so far and it will be fun to finish it and then start on the sequels.

Current word count: 13,592 words
Goal: ~2,000 words per day

If I can keep up with my goal then I should finish around August 25th.

2 comments:

  1. I know that you can do all of that Danielle..... Too formal, Dani it is. So, Dani, will I get to read any part of Holy Water once camp is done? I am beyond interested in it, like I am with most of your books. I am offering to allow you to read Superheroes Unwanted in exchange and promising to continue to work on Authors (working title only). Keep it up Dani, I will try to beat you. Loves! ^.^ AMElf

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, definitely Dani, lol. Umm...we'll have to see what kind of shape it is in when the month is over. Also, good luck in beating me. Right now you have a little catching up to do. :P

    ReplyDelete