Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Camp NaNoWriMo April 2015: One Week Down

Wow...the first week of April has flown by. I guess I can blame it on the month starting with a 3-day weekend due to Easter. That also made that first weekend a bit difficult for writing, but I managed to get some words on the page, even if it wasn't quite what I needed to be up to par for my goal of 50K.

I will say that the difficult part of this is that I am working on the third book of the Project Death series, while simultaneously editing and going over continuity in the second book. It is a lot to digest at once, and there are certain scenes in the second one that I've had to play with and add to so that the story is more developed and makes the most sense. In fact some of those scenes have been necessary to finish before I could really and truly focus on my work for the third book.

Okay, so I don't want to make this a super long post, especially since I really would rather get back to writing. Mostly I just wanted to make it clear that I am not dead, I haven't forgotten about this blog, and I'm still getting words down, on the page and on the screen.

Based on the goal of 50,000 words in the month of April, I need 1,667 words per day to stay on track. Going by that math, after day 7, my overall count should be 11,669. Right now, I am clocking in at just under 6,000 words...so a tiny bit behind.

I'm hoping to catch up over the next couple days...or maybe even over the weekend. It's going to be tough, but I think if I squeeze in all the writing time I can spare that everything will work out.

If you want more frequent updates during the writing chaos of Camp NaNoWriMo, you can follow me on Twitter @DanielleThamasa or on Facebook via my author page.

No comments:

Post a Comment