Monday, July 22, 2013

Cover Wars- Project Death: Revelation

Okay so I have spent a lot of time with planning this series, not just the titles, characters, plots, and deadlines, but also with figuring out the covers. It is not an easy process, especially when you are self-publishing and doing everything on your own.

But with some books you just have an idea for what you would like for a cover image. Personally, I try to stay away from having people on the cover, because unless that person is absolutely perfect then someone will complain that they did not picture a character looking that way. I know I have felt that way at times with books I've read.

For the Project Death series I could not stop thinking of cool looking cemetery statues or headstones. If it is the right statue then it has a certain level of...well I don't want to say creepiness but maybe foreboding. And since the series is about Death and his Angel fighting to maintain the balance of life and death, cemetery statues also set the tone for the book.

A couple weeks ago I went to visit my friend Signy Cullen, and while I was in her neck of the woods we went to a couple of cemeteries. I really needed to find the perfect image for Revelation. What is now really amusing is that I may have found two rather good options.

Here's the deal guys. I know this book isn't scheduled for release until 2014, but having the cover finished actually helps to motivate me. I set the image as the background to my phone and my laptop so I see it all the time. I'd like to have the cover ready for you guys too.

I think I am going to make two versions of the cover and then I'll put it to a vote to see which one you guys like better. How does that sound? Then, once the winning cover has been selected, I can release the cover officially as well as the book summary. This would also mean having the book put up on Goodreads as well.

Thanks for all of the support guys, and I will have those covers up soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment