Sunday, July 21, 2013

A Different Camp Experience

In all of my NaNo experiences and even in my normal writing, I have a system for my writing. I have always written in a linear fashion, from start to finish. That is rapidly changing when it comes to Project Death: Revelation.

As I said before about Thanos' story, it is both prequel and sequel thanks to Thanos telling Tamesis about how he came to be Death. It originally led to me being blocked and unable to keep writing. Then I realized that I would have to write the past story line and then head back to work on the present story line.

Unfortunately, the story did not like that option. For the first time in my writing career I am writing scenes/chapters as they come to my mind. It is thrilling and terrifying at the same time. What if I can't piece all these snippets together? Will working this way actually make things easier or more complicated when I get to editing?

I guess the only way to find out is to keep writing and work through issues as they come. It is one of the fun things about being a reader and a writer. I like not knowing what will happen next in a story.

My characters don't always tell me everything right away so all of this is like wandering through a maze figuring out what to do next with each twist and turn. I love it, and I can't wait to share my next novel with all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment