Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Music of my Madness

Okay everyone, so this is going to be a fairly short post. I did not get as much editing/writing done in the last week as I wanted to, but I did finish the chapter I had been working on so I made just a little bit of progress.


For those paying attention to the overall totals now as compared to last week, there's only an increase in a little more than 800 words. While this was not exactly what I was aiming for, it is still progress so I will take it. I am hoping that more progress will be made in the coming week.

As for the title of this blog post, I wanted to write a little bit about my Project Death music playlist. There are probably songs that have come out recently (as in the past year or so) that would fit in with the mood and inspiration for these novels, but I just cannot bring myself to edit the playlist. So, here it is:

"If I Die Young" by The Band Perry.
"Gorecki" by Lamb
"Playing God" by Paramore
"Amaranth" by Nightwish
"Misguided Ghosts" by Paramore
"Never Enough" by Epica
"Heavy in Your Arms" by Florence & the Machine
"Bring Me to Life" by Evanescence
"What Have You Done" by Within Temptation
"Drumming Song" by Florence & the Machine
"Even in Death" by Evanescence
"Blinding" by Florence & the Machine
"Monster" by Paramore
"Haunted" by Kelly Clarkson
"Die Alive" by Tarja
"The Voice" by Celtic Woman (specifically Lisa Kelly)
"Terrified" by Katharine McPhee (it is the version featuring Zachary Levi)
"It's the Fear" by Within Temptation
"This is How You Remind Me" by Nickelback
"Second Chance" by Shinedown
"Gunslinger (Runnin' Out of Time)" by Over It
"The Other Side" by Evanescence
"O Death" by Jen Titus

Yes, the playlist does work for me for the entire series, or at least it has so far. I know that "Bring Me to Life" is my main inspiration song for Project Death: Revelation (book two) but I'm still trying to figure out which individual songs are the basis for the other books. Like I said earlier, there are some newer songs which would probably work just as well in my list, but at the same time, I find that some of these songs work for multiple different book playlists so when possible I save them for another time because occasionally it is frustrating to always have the same songs over and over again. As much as I love these songs, sometimes I do need some variety.

So there we go, my progress with editing as well as another behind the scenes look into some of the things I do or listen to while I'm writing. On Friday I'll be back with another book review and next week I'll have another writing update, hopefully one that will show a lot more progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment