Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Most Anticipated Books of 2015 - Summer Reads (June, July, and August)

Welcome back to another post about the books I am looking forward to reading. This time I'm looking at summer releases, as in books released in the months of June, July, and August. Here are some books I'm really looking forward to buying and reading.

Hidden Huntress by Danielle L. Jensen

I absolutely loved reading Stolen Songbird, the first book in this trilogy, and I waited in anxious anticipation for any news regarding the sequel. Naturally this included practically stalking NetGalley in order to get an ARC...which I did, so the review will be up soon. These books are wonderful and I can't wait to see how the story concludes in the final installment next year.

2 June 2015

A Book of Spirits and Thieves by Morgan Rhodes

Okay, so this book is a spin-off of Morgan Rhodes' Falling Kingdoms series, and I already have enjoyed reading the first three (and the fourth is on my most anticipated winter books) so delving into a spin-off sounds like a good idea. We'll see what happens when introduced to new characters, and to see how Morgan Rhodes handles new elements, like having some modern young adults from our world venture to the magical realm created in the FK books. It should at least be interesting.

23 June 2015

The Fixer by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

I've read a couple books by Jennifer Lynn Barnes and I have enjoyed them. This one is advertised as being Scandal meets Veronica Mars. Some have said that it is perfect for fans of Pretty Little Liars or Heist Society. I love Veronica Mars and I adored reading the Heist Society books. So, we'll see if this book rises up to meet the hype.

7 July 2015

Ink and Bone by Rachel Caine

I don't care that this book is basically being aimed at a 12-15 year old audience. It is a book revolving around the idea that the great Library of Alexandria survived. Everyone can access the Great Library's information, but personal ownership of books is illegal. I can be drawn into any book if it has an interesting angle on librarianship and access to information, so I am looking forward to seeing exactly what this book is about.

7 July 2015

Go Set a Watchman by Harper Lee

Do I really need to say anything about why I'm excited about this book? It is what Harper Lee wrote before To Kill a Mockingbird and features a grown-up Scout Finch. IT IS A NEW HARPER LEE BOOK. I am so darn excited about this! Seriously, this is awesome.

14 July 2015

Spider's Trap by Jennifer Estep

Okay, so I'm only on book 6 of this series, and this is book 13, but I'm still really enjoying the characters and the setting and the plot, so I already know that I'm looking forward to reading this latest installment in the Elemental Assassin series. I want to see what happens to Gin next, and I can't wait to see what tantalizing food descriptions lie between the covers. These are not books to read on an empty stomach.

28 July 2015

Crystal Kingdom by Amanda Hocking

Obviously if I had the first two books in the trilogy on my most anticipated lists, then this final book of the Kanin Chronicles is on the list as well. I am amazed that Amanda Hocking can write so quickly and write well enough to have three books published in a year. It is a dedication and skill that I aspire to achieve. Really, I would just like to have two books out a year. Anyway, I loved the Trylle trilogy, and to get to see another side of the same world with the Kanin is pretty darn cool. Now I wonder what Amanda Hocking will create next.

4 August 2015

You're Never Weird on the Internet (Almost) by Felicia Day

It's Felicia Day's memoir! She is a geek girl goddess. I am a subscriber to the Geek & Sundry YouTube channel and I follow Felicia all over social media, and I'm also a member of her Vaginal Fantasy Book Club, which has introduced me to a lot of really fun books. So getting to read a book by Felicia that is all about her growing up and becoming the amazing and successful geek girl that she is today is something I am super excited about. I'm also looking forward to her announcing her book tour, because if she gets within 4 hours of me, I am going to the signing. Meeting Felicia is definitely one of the top items on my bucket list.

11 August 2015


No comments:

Post a Comment