Wednesday, February 25, 2015

February Book Haul

Well, here we are with another book haul post. The month of February showed me just how many books I can buy in some months. Honestly, I blame the winter weather, because all I want to do is curl up in bed and read all the time. Unfortunately work and such gets in the way so I don't read as much as I'd like, but that doesn't stop me from buying books.

First up, the Hardcovers.


I love anything written by Richelle Mead. I practically own every single book by her, so I went out as soon as I could after work on the release day for The Ruby Circle to find a copy. And yes, I had to try three different local stores before I found a copy, but I have it and that's what matters. On the other hand though, I am so sad that the Bloodlines series is over now.


The picture for Talon by Julie Kagawa does not come close to doing justice to the cover. It is textured so you can actually feel the scales. Plus, shiny...something dragons like, you know? Anyway, I had to finally just cave and get this in hardcover. I don't want to have to keep waiting an extra year to finally read books by Julie Kagawa just so all of my books will be in matching paperback. Fine, I'll upgrade to the hardcover copies...just as long as my Iron Fey new releases continue to be paperback.


Today I had the opportunity to go to my local library for an author signing by Brian McClellan. I had hoped to have a shipment of books from B&N including the first book--Promise of Blood--in paperback, but it didn't arrive in time. Fine guys, I spent the money and got the whole trilogy IN HARDCOVER just so I could have them all signed by the author. Plus, I love having author signed books. I've lost count of how many I have total. Anyway, these books look totally awesome. They are fantasy but sort of American Revolutionary War-esque with Powder Mages, people who can control stuff like bullets and cannonballs, which sounds pretty darn cool to me, so I'm looking forward to reading them. Plus, again, they are signed. Basically this means that I won't let just anyone borrow these books from my personal library.

Next we have all the paperbacks.


Forged in Desire is the fourth book in the London Steampunk series by Bec McMaster and I have thoroughly enjoyed what I have read so far--aka 1.5 books. I really like steampunk books, and when there are vampires and werewolves and nice romances involved as well, it is really easy to grab my interest. I look forward to seeing how this world continues to expand.


Glamour in Glass is the second book in the Glamourist Histories series by Mary Robinette Kowal. Really, I just have one thing to say about why people should pick up this series: It is Jane Austen meets magic! Seriously, I so very much enjoy these books.


I picked up Hot Lead, Cold Iron by Ari Marmell after a recommendation from author Jennifer Estep. It seems a bit similar to the Dresden Files series, but instead of a wizard, the main character is a fae. Also, the series takes place in the 1930s, not modern day. I love all the old lingo involved. The voice of the story is interesting, at least the first chapter or so. I'll read the rest of it soon enough.


I love Veronica Mars, everyone. Really, I don't even try to hide it. And getting even more Veronica Mars books is awesome. I actually still need to finish reading the first book, but when I need my fix from Neptune, California, this series is what I'll pick up (or I'll start re-watching the series again. That is why I own the DVDs).

I'm not going to list the why's for all of my e-books this time, because this post is already super long, but some of these books were free or cheap, and some I picked up thanks to purchasing a brand new NOOK. My new NOOK came with a $5 gift from the NOOK store (Ilona Andrews), and then B&N had a special so buying my NOOK got me a $20 gift card, which I used to get some new books (Mercedes Lackey).

- Death Sworn by Leah Cypess
- Observations of a Curious Governess by Viveka Portman
- Soulfire by Juliette Cross
- Darkfever by Karen Marie Moning
- Waterfall by Lacy Danes
- Sacrifice by Brigid Kemmerer
- Clean Sweep by Ilona Andrews
- The Fire Rose by Mercedes Lackey
- The Serpent's Shadow by Mercedes Lackey
- The Gates of Sleep by Mercedes Lackey
- Etiquette & Espionage by Gail Carriger
- Curtsies & Conspiracies by Gail Carriger
- Waistcoats & Weaponry by Gail Carriger

I also bought a paperback copy of Beautiful Redemption by Jamie McGuire, but it was a gift from a friend (that she let me read first). Oh, and the paperback of Promise of Blood, when it comes in, will also become a gift to another book loving friend of mine.

That's it for February. Sorry this was such a long post guys, but I am seriously a book addict.

No comments:

Post a Comment