Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Farewell 2013 and Hello 2014

Well, this is the end of 2013, and that really means that it is time to focus on 2014 and the goals I have for the upcoming year. But before I really get into my 2014 plans, I should take a moment to look back over the past year and be grateful for everything that has happened.

It was a big year for me. I self-published my first novel, Project Death: Resurrection. Overall I think I've sold about 50 copies since July 1st, which considering I am a new and self-published author, I'll take that as a pretty good number so far. This is especially true since most of what I've sold has been paperback. Oh, but the e-book is on sale for FREE right now at Smashwords. There you can download the e-book in any format, from NOOK and Kindle, to Kobo, iBooks, Sony Reader, even PDF. This is a great deal that won't last long. I will be moving the price back to $1.99 on Saturday, January 4th.

All things considered, it was also a big year on the reading front for me. I just finished reading book #128 a few minutes ago and I'm debating about whether or not I can squeeze another book or two in before the year is up. This year I discovered some new to me authors who will now be on my auto-buy list and I devoured some new and amazing books from some of my old favorites. I'll probably write up a post about some of my favorite books in 2013 later.

Finally (and very briefly), I don't really talk a lot about my personal life because I consider that to be personal, but everything in my life has improved since August when my best friend in the world asked me to be his girlfriend. He supports my dreams of being an author and was surprisingly okay when I almost completely ignored him through the month of November while working on my NaNovel for NaNoWriMo.

Now, for the 2014 goals. Souls Unknowing will be out in January and I'll have more information about that soon. I am also predicting that it will be June or July when Project Death: Revelation is released. There are a couple of my novels that I set aside a few years ago that have recently begun to beg for attention again, so I may go back and either finish them or re-write them or just edit them, depending on the novel. However, since those side-projects are also usually the start to another series, I most likely won't publish them until after I've finished work with the Souls trilogy and the Project Death series.

I'm thinking that since I have a bit more writing on the schedule for the year that I'm going to have to lighten up a bit on my reading goal. My original goal for 2013 was 100 but then I bumped it up to 120. So, right now, my goal for 2014 is 75. Depending on how the writing goes, that may be increased, so we'll just see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment