Tuesday, February 25, 2014

It's Not Too Early to Plan for NaNoWriMo

I know, it seems crazy to be planning for NaNoWriMo when it's only the end of February, but for those who don't realize it, the insanity of NaNo does not just take place in November. No, this will be the fourth year of Camp NaNoWriMo, which adds two more month long writing sessions to the year. This year, for the first time since its inception, Camp NaNo will be utilizing the same months as the previous year. So, yeah, that means April and July.

I get the reasoning behind April. Really, I do. It is a way for them to sort of honor the now defunct ScriptFrenzy. But, when I think of April I do not think of camping. The first year Camp NaNo did July and August--and I do not recommend back-to-back months. Then they did June and August, which honestly was my personal favorite setup. Now it seems like they will be sticking with April and July. Grr.

Oh well. I've already planned out what projects I'll be working on for these wonderful NaNo sessions, so now it's just a matter of any planning, plotting, or other shenanigans I want to finish up before it is time to buckle down and write.

For Camp NaNoWriMo session #1 in April, I will be finishing up my work on Project Death: Revelation because I need to have it all pretty and edited for its summer release. So, for those following these writing posts and such, you can expect me to do a lot more chatting about the Project Death series in my updates during the month of April.

Camp NaNoWriMo session #2 in July will be used to do a complete overhaul on a story that has been occupying my mind quite a bit lately. Bounty: A Hunter's Tale is the first in a seven book series that I'd like to really get a jump on. Bounty follows a supernatural hunter who is incredibly skilled at her job, because she is hiding a secret from practically everyone she knows; she is supernatural herself. My plan is to have the first two or three books finished before I start publishing, so that way I don't have to worry about such chaotic deadlines.

Then, in November for NaNoWriMo, I will most likely be working on Project Death: Redemption, the third book in the series. I'd like for the NaNo session to at least get me through about half of the book, or possibly a full really rough draft. The third book follows Julianne, who we discover has died but her soul was never claimed by the Reapers. Basically this book will give us yet another view of the war between the Resurrectors and Death, highlighting one of the consequences possible within the system. Redemption will also take readers even deeper into the role Fate plays in the series. I think it will be a lot of fun, and Julianne will likely be a lot easier to write than Thanos. I love him but it is difficult to stay in his mind for long.

No comments:

Post a Comment