Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Camp NaNoWriMo June Session

Wow, I have not been on my blog as much as I have wanted to be. I can partly blame my lack of focus these past few months as well as my slight lack of inspiration. However I can also put a large chunk of blame on my computer. It had a virus that was preventing me from loading any page on the internet and so I had just stopped using my computer entirely.

My techie uncle fixed my computer for me so now I should be all good to get back to posting and hopefully I can actually make a habit out of it. Of course, I sometimes wonder what the point of it is since I'm pretty certain that very few people are reading this. I still hope that someday that will not be the case.

Anyway, the point of this particular blog post is that Camp NaNoWriMo is starting soon, in a day and a half actually. This year the two sessions of Camp NaNoWriMo have been spaced out a little: June and August, unlike last year where it was back to back months. I do not recommend doing NaNoWriMo two months in a row. It just isn't pretty.

Camp NaNoWriMo is basically the same as NaNoWriMo...but in the summer. So, 50,000 words in 30 days (June) or 31 days (August). Also Camp doesn't have MLs to set up events (Okay, I'm sure that isn't true but it becomes more of an unofficial thing. I know I am setting up camp outs for the writers in my area). Instead of regional forums and such, Camp has participants set up in cabins of 4-6 people and you can post updates on your cabin page. It's pretty neat, actually.

I have already planned out what novels I am working on for both the June and August sessions of Camp NaNoWriMo, and I have a vague idea of what I will be doing in November for NaNoWriMo. For the June session I will be working on my Project Death series. I am going through my final edits on the first book, Project Death: Resurrection and then whatever remaining word count I have left will be put towards the second book, Project Death: Revelation.

Then, in August, I will finally be getting around to an idea I have had since late 2006 or early 2007. It was supposed to be my novel for NaNoWriMo in 2007 but then I had another idea that sort of overtook everything else. So, for August, I will work on Do Not Drink the Holy Water. Right now I'm thinking that it will be the first book in a trilogy, but I still don't know what the third book is about just yet. I do know that with the second book I just feel that the world wouldn't be complete, but I don't have to worry about that bit just yet. I guess I can also say that the sequel to Do Not Drink the Holy Water is called Please No Ritual Sacrifices. When I get to August I will probably have a post about how I came up with those titles, but for now I just want to get the basics down.

So, that is how I will be spending my summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment